The Alzheimer Society London and Middlesex proudly presents our annual conference. This conference will educate and inform clients, healthcare professionals and those living with cognitive impairment. Our conference will be held Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at London’s Best Western Lamplighter Inn & Conference Centre.
Our Insightful Speakers:
- Naomi Feil – world-renowned creator of the “Validation Therapy" technique and our returning headlining keynote speaker.
- Dr. Marie Savundranayagam – Western University Gerontologist, researcher of the “person-centered” approach to communication between staff and clients with dementia.
- London-based and internationally known research panel to discuss the latest news in the Alzheimer’s and dementia scientific community.
What’s in it for You?
- Naomi’s Validation technique will help decrease stress and burnout, enhance dignity and empathy, reduce the need for physical and chemical restraints and ultimately improve overall happiness among staff and clients.
- Dr. Savundranayagam will focus on the benefits that person-centered communication techniques can have on caregivers, and clients with dementia.
- Our knowledgeable research panel will share insights and research-backed scientific advancements in the fields of Alzheimer’s and dementia, providing you with the most current and local updates.
- A meaningful way to learn invaluable skills, techniques and gain insight into Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.