Host Your Own Event - Memory Makers for Alzheimer's
You can help those affected by Alzheimer's disease in London and Middlesex by hosting your own event! Every year, many groups and individuals host fundraising events in support of the Alzheimer Society London and Middlesex. Every event raises critical dollars and awareness!
Create your own online fundraising page using our Memory Makers for Alzheimer's website. Here you can create an online event, find useful Fundraising Tips, and access your fundraising toolkit for ideas on how to promote your event.
Online fundraising has advantages.
- Provides donors with a fast and secure method to give.
- Provides donors with instant electronic tax receipts.
- Can increase event donations. Did you know that online donations are typically twice that of offline donations?
- Allows people to share why they are raising money for the Alzheimer Society through personal web pages.
- Provides easy access to information about event logistics.
Be creative and do what you enjoy! Include your co-workers, friends and family. It's all in support of a great cause and you'll have fun doing it. If you’re stuck for event ideas, here’s just a few suggestions:
- A weekend BBQ
- Bake sale
- Book-club read-a-thon
- Car wash
- Cycle ride
- Go without something for a week
- Golf tournament
- Holiday photos with Santa
- Holiday gift wrapping
- Ice cream social
- In lieu of gifts (birthday, holiday)
- Karaoke night
- Local celebrity auction
- Trivia night
- Workplace spelling bee
Download our Community Fundraising Event Agreement to get you started!
For more information, contact Leslie Rand, Fund Development Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-680-2404 ext. 235.